Effective Date: January 1, 2019
Collection of Information
We collect information from and about users of our Website or Event attendees (“User” or “you”). This may include personal information about you, such as:
- your name
- professional information
- mailing address
- e-mail address
- medical center/hospital/organization of association
- telephone number
- license number
- age group
- other information, such as information about your demographic profile (“Personal Information”).
The information we collect through our Website, or at our Events, may include information that you provide to us by registering to use our Website, using our Website or our services, entering information into a form or other data entry fields available on our Website, requesting further services or reporting a problem with our Website, or through your participation or attendance at an Event. We will also retain records and copies of your correspondence with us.
To properly manage our Website, we may anonymously log information and identify categories of visits by items such as domain name, IP address, browser type and version, information on your equipment, the pages visited within the website and the URL to which the User goes upon leaving the Website. This information is used in an aggregate form only, to improve our Website and the services and products provided by us. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies that are stored on your computer and small embedded electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us to obtain other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How Your Information is Used
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including Personal Information, to:
- provide you with information, products or services you request from us, related entities, or that we otherwise feel may be of interest to you via social media, print mail, phone, or email;
- provide you with information about upcoming Events;
- enhance our Event offerings;
- provide you with information about the features and services found on our Website, including notifying you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer;
- enhance the performance of this Website, or any products and services we offer to you, to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, and to create new features and functionality;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information; and
- as you otherwise expressly consent.
Disclosure and Use of Personal Information
We may disclose Personal Information for a variety of purposes, including:
- to third parties involved in fulfilling your requests, including accreditation bodies and agencies and partners who help facilitate the teaching and accreditation process. If required to fulfill your request for information, contact details may be forwarded to offices outside of the United States.
- to third parties involved in the development, maintenance, security and management of this Website, to manage contracts and send out promotional messages on our behalf, to assist in improving the way this Website works and looks.
- some Personal Information may be de-identified or aggregated in such a way that Personal Information is not disclosed. De-identified or aggregated data may be disclosed without restriction.
- to a buyer or other successor to our business in the event of a corporate transaction.
- for any other purposes with your express consent.
Linked Sites, Social Media Sites and Widgets
You may be able to use social media widgets such as the Facebook Like button on this Website. These widgets will collect your IP address and identify which page you are visiting on this Website and make your preference information available to third parties. The information collected by such widgets is controlled by privacy notice and privacy practices of the party collecting the information, not us.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- Viewing and obtaining a copy of the Personal Information we maintain about you.
- Amending or revising the Personal Information we maintain about you.
- Having the Personal Information we keep about you erased (also known as the right to be forgotten).
- Objecting to the use of your Personal Information for direct marketing.
- Restricting our use of the Personal Information we maintain about you.
- Transferring the Personal Information we maintain about you to another entity.
- Objecting to our use of the Personal Information we maintain about you.
- Objecting to automated decision making or profiling.
- Filing a complaint with us or the appropriate governmental entity.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before honoring individual rights requests. We may not accommodate a request if we believe it would violate applicable law.
To exercise any of your right or to opt out, please send an e-mail to Jreyes@ccmcme.com, write to us at: Jessie Reyes, Complete Conference Management, 8333 NW 53rd Street, Suite 450, Doral, FL 33166 or call us at (305) 279-2263.
Security of Information
We use commercially reasonable technical, physical, and other measures to keep your information secure. However, no method of data transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure. Although we have implemented security measures that we think are adequate, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. When we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Retention of Personal Information
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and no one under age 13 should provide any information to this Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
Users Outside of the United States
This Website is hosted in the United States and our services are provided from the United States. It is possible that certain information will be stored on servers in multiple other countries on the “cloud” or other similar distributed hosting platforms. If you are a User accessing our Website or services from the European Union, Asia or any other region, please note that you are transferring your Personal Information outside your home jurisdiction and by providing your Personal Information you are consenting to the transfer of your Personal Information to the United States and other jurisdictions as indicated above, and to our use of your Personal Information in accordance with this policy. If you are a User attending an Event, please note by providing your Personal Information you are consenting to the transfer of your Personal Information to the United States and other jurisdictions as indicated above, and to our use of your Personal Information in accordance with this policy.